UNEXPECTED EVENTS HAPPEN!
LIFE CAN CHANGE IN A FEW SECONDS. WE ALL NEED A PLAN TO “BE PREPARED”.
Nobody wants to talk about death or disability. And yet, proper and timely planning through a carefully thought-out estate plan is one of the most important steps you can take to protect yourself and your loved ones. Estate planning is not just for the “rich”, and not just for the “old”…. All adults should do it, and of course it’s ALWAYS your choice. But you need to have enough information, to know what your choices are, so that you can make an informed decision.
Estate planning is much more than just planning for your life end and creating your will or trust, and much more than just “who gets what and when”. There are numerous reasons for putting the right estate plan in place in a timely manner, all of which usually falling into at least one of these categories:
Putting you in control over your property and decisions:
- During Lifetime: Retaining control of your property and finances and ability to make changes in your estate plan at any time, while you are alive and able
- After Incapacity/Disability: Taking care of yourself and your loved ones if you become mentally disabled, and providing directions about management of your assets and your health while you are still alive
- After Death: Giving what you have, after you die, to whom you want, the way you want and when you want
Saving money and preserving your assets:
- Avoiding probate and minimizing taxes, professional fees and court costs as much as possible
- Taking advantage of significant tax strategies
- Preserving your assets and leaving legacy for benefit of your next generation
Preventing problems and providing convenience and peace of mind for your family and heirs:
- Leaving clear, written instructions of your wishes
- Avoiding probate inconveniences
- Providing privacy for your family and heirs, and keeping your financial information private and out of the public eyes
- Sparing your loved ones of the unnecessary expense, delay and frustration when the time comes to manage your affairs if you pass away or become disabled
Developing a customized plan to accomplish your individual goals in mind:
- The right estate plan should be customized to accomplish your individual goals in mind, designed to memorialize your wishes, protect your values and beliefs, preserve the assets for future generations.
The Law Office of Lana Black can help you with financial, medical and tax aspects of estate planning, including the following: